Tuesday, November 4, 2008

An Intoduction To My Beloved Pets...

So I have decided to blog about my super fun kitty and his friends, aka my other pets! I have a total of five wonderful pets: Mootsie, my darling cat, Utah, Moab and Canela, my three Labrador Retrievers, my goldfish Klyde, and my hamster Puff. I hope that when you're done reading about them, you'll come to find how super awesome my pets are, and why everyone should have wonderful pets in their lives!

The star of the show, Mootsie, is my tabby cat. My family got him in 1999, when I was in 6th grade. As a standard tabby, he has quite the beautiful coat (or so my mother thinks) , and he got his name from a mountain bike: Moots. Over the years, he has not become the most friendly cat in the world; he doesn't like cuddling or being picked up. Actually, all he really likes is to eat, sleep, and hunt small critters outside. And thus, from hunting small critters (and eating them), he has gained so much weight that he weighs as much as a small dog, oooor around 20 lbs. He is a BEAST! His favorite past times? Hunting, sleeping and crying for me to open the basement door so he can get to his food in the laundry room, because you know, he hasn't eaten in five whole minutes.

My next two pets, Moab and Utah, are my yellow labradors. My family got them in 2002 for Christmas, when they were just wee little puppies. Moab, the smaller and darker of the two, is my little angel. She really is the best dog ever (in my opinion, of course!) She loves to play fetch, and is very good at returning the ball; she'll even put it in your hand for you! We even went so far as to teach her how to fetch the paper, which is awesome especially in the winter when it's freezing out! Moab got her name, once again, from a mountain biking influence. (Can you tell that my parents are obsessed with mountain biking?!) Moab is a city in Utah, and is considered the mountain biking capitol of the world. Her favorite past times are playing fetch, cuddling, and sadly... passing very VERY smelly gas.

Utah, her brother, is of course the bigger of the two yellow labradors, hence why he got to be the state, and shes just a city. =) I must admit that he is not as smart as his sister, and instead of playing fetch, he would rather sit on the deck and watch her do it. When he does decide to get up and move around, he just likes to prance like a complete goof ball. Although I must say that out of my three dogs, Utah is the best one to go running with, because for some reason even though he is highly ADD when it comes to fetching a ball, I guess he's very into taking a jog with me. Utah's favorite past times are laying on the deck, watching his sisters play fetch, licking your face, laying in very inconvenient spots, such as right in the middle of the kitchen, and of course getting all up in your grill when your trying to watch a movie and you mistakenly invite him up onto the couch to cuddle.



STILL TO COME!

Canela - my chocolate labrador
Klyde - my goldfish
Puff - my hamster

4 comments:

Dumplingsrock said...

Awwww, your pets are too cute. How did you teach your dog to fetch the paper? My wild beast of a dog tends to ignore me until I have something she wants. Haha.

MBenti said...

Aww, Labs are my favorite dogs! I have always had labs. My 2nd dog that we got when I was 7 years old was a black lab. Being young as I was, I named him Blackie (creative, huh?). We had to put him to sleep in January 2006 because he couldn't get up anymore, but 3 months later I walked into my kitchen to find a yellow lab puppy! Lucy is her name, and she's adorable. My dad named her Lucy because she has a red stripe down her back.

Becky Gnirke said...

I love dogs so much! Oh, and cats aren't too bad. I assume they all live at home with your parents? If not when can I come over! Haha, but really? I would love to get a dog but my mean landlord won't let me...I don't think dogs are too easy too hide so I guess I will just have to wait :(

Kate said...

Cute animals! I love animals, and I have 2 cats at home. We did have a 10 pound Pomeranian, but we recently put her down :(
My brother and his girlfriend have a yellow lab, and while they were finishing up their senior year of college, and I was a senior in high school, I took care of Lily while they were at school during the week. She is a great dog, but I couldn't imagine having 3 labs! That must be so hectic haha. Have you read Marley and Me? Lily has some of those traits, and I can imagine that your 3 labs do too!